Wednesday 22 April 2009

Why frugal cooks should be on Twitter!

If you haven't succumbed to the lure of Twitter you may be wondering what all the fuss is about. I followed it for about six months feeling similarly sceptical. It seemed like the ultimate time-waster - more wittering than twittering.

As the headline suggests I've been converted. Not that it isn't a distraction (I admit to spending more time than I should on it) but in my view it's the most significant thing to happen online since people started blogging

Reason no 1 to sign up - it's a great way of getting information quickly and keeping up with what's going on

Reason 2 - there are some great people on it now - funny, perceptive and knowledgeable. It's more fascinating than the best forum with the bonus that you can choose who you interact with - or don't

Reason 3 - it's a good way to let people know what you do and attract visitors to your website or blog

And 4 you can get some really good tips on healthy, inexpensive eating.

If you want to give it a try join and follow me (frugalcook), my publisher (absolute_press) and one of my top students who contributes to the Beyond Baked Beans website (scandilicious). Then you could take a look at who I'm following and follow them too

I predict you'll be hooked!

PS A couple of tips: Don't fail to fill in the bio so people know who you are. And make your tweets (the 140 character mini-posts) public. No point in being on Twitter if you don't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Frugal Cook News Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger